All the King’s Horses and All the King’s Men
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
Couldn’t put Humpty together again.
A nursery rhymes from Mother Goose’s Humpty Dumpty
Humpty Dumpty falling off the wall is a perfect metaphor for our economy going over the fiscal cliff!. In spite of all the calculated posturing by the President and both the Republican and Democratic parties, a failure here will be eggs (pun intended) on the faces of all three.
As I go to publish my post, I noticed an article in the Christian Science Monitor with a crytic title, Investors peek over ‘fiscal cliff’ and find … blue skies? Is it an optimistic or pessimistic article regarding the possible outcome? It is a well written resource. I’ll let you read it and decide for yourself!
At this stage in the process, I would recommend “hoping for the best, but being prepared for the worst!”
The Fiscal Cliff Saga – A recap of our previous posts on the Fiscal Cliff
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 1 (Obama and Boehner Compromise on Fiscal Cliff)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 2 (Boehner’s Plan B Failure)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 3 (Obama is Santa Claus)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 4 (Fiscal Cliff Christmas Fantasy)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 5 (Reid and McConnell on the Fiscal Cliff Parody)
Other Political Parodies
To see our other political parodies featuring parodies on Romney, Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry and many other politicians, check out political parodies gallery.