In the days that followed the third presidential debate between President Obama and Governor Romney, a lot has happened, such as ‘Frankenstorm’ Sandy hitting the north east and arguements over Romney’s contention that the Chrysler was outsourcing jobs to build Jeeps to China. However, today being Halloween, I would like to dedicate a couple of posts to Romney’s etch-a-sketch phenomenon.
Back on 4/1/2012, I created a tongue-in-cheek post on The Real Mitt Romney Please Stands Up. In that post, I speculated that Romney morphed into Obama and then morphed into ET. In hindsight, after the third debate, it seemed that my premonition was correct. The parody I created was a straight JPEG. For this post, I have converted the static JEPG images into an animated GIF. As a tribute to Romney’s shape-shifting etch-a-sketch ability, I have made the animation cycle forever… guaranteed to drive you crazy if you stay on the image long enough!
HalloweenAddict.com has Halloween Scenes: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial reserved just for this special occasion. For those of you wih fond memories of the ET movie, here is a link to a Youtube video of ET experiencing his first trick-or-treat. In the movie, ET is covered with a bedsheet with two eye holes to represent a ghost. Of course any kid these days can tell you that he would have gathered a lot more candy if he went door-knocking as himself!
Obama vs. Romney Parody Series – A recap of the first eleven posts
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 1 (the original fight poster)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 2 (prelim weight-in: a ‘little’ overweight)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 3 (final weigh-in: lean & mean)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 4 (Round 1 debate prep: ready to battle)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 5 (Round 1 scorecard: Romney wins!)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 6 (Romney’s victory lap)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 7 (Round 2 prep: Romney’s Irish Jig/Obama’s Hulk)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 8 (Round 2 scorecard: Nasty blows in Round 2)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 9 (Round 3 prep: final battle as samurai)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 10 (Round 3 critique: will the real Louis XIV please stand up!)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 11 (Debate summary; who won the presidential debate overall?)
Other Political Parodies
To see our other political parodies featuring parodies on Romney, Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry and many other politicians, check out political parodies gallery.