Obama and Romney Trade Nasty Blows in Round 2
Peter Beinart in the Daily Beast declared that Obama won the second debate, but Romney scored with centrist and a likable storyline. He continues that ‘if the Obama campaign can’t undermine Romney’s new, more likable image, it may not matter how well the president performs in the weeks to come.’
Eugene Robinson saw Obama a a clear winner. In The Columbian, he reported that Obama came out swinging and scored a KO in the 2nd debate. Not true says Carl Rove, Romney won second debate and Obama showed no vision, on Foxnews in an interview with Greta van Susteren.
What do the polls indicate? According to the Real Clear Politics (RCP) average, after the second debate, Obama’s performance reversed the Romney’s upward trend and got back to a virtual tie with a 0.1 point lead. I think that the RCP average is a good indicator of the overall trend since it is a composite of eight major polls. With the polls so close, the third debate should be a chiffhanger. Baring any surprising news between now and Monday, it should be a decision-maker!
If you want to know how we got here, see my previous posts on the Romney vs. Obama series below.
Obama vs. Romney Parody Series – A recap of the first seven posts
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 1 (the original fight poster)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 2 (prelim weight-in: a ‘little’ overweight)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 3 (final weigh-in: lean & mean)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 4 (Round 1 debate prep: ready to battle)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 5 (Round 1 scorecard: Romney wins!)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 6 (Romney’s victory lap)
- Obama vs. Romney – Part 7 (Round 2 prep: Romney’s Irish Jig/Obama’s Hulk)
Other Political Parodies
To see our other political parodies featuring parodies on Romney, Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry and many other politicians, check out political parodies gallery.