Boehner’s Act of Courage
John Boehner as Superman? You Betchum! Allowing the up-or-down vote in the House, despite a revolt by his conservative caucus, took a rare act of courage. Kudos to Boehner! My apologies to Boehner for previously parodying him as the Grinch who stole Christmas.
Thanks to the Biden ==> Boehner heavy lifting, the fiscal cliff is resolved for now. Of course in a couple of months, we have the next “game of chicken” with the budget limit!
Immediately after the House passed the fiscal cliff bill, there were speculations that Boehner’s act might be the end of his speakership in the House. However, Boehner did manage to get re-elected as Speaker of the the House, although in a humiliating fashion.
Paul Krugman, in the New York Times Opinion page expresses concern about the upcoming debt limit battle in a few weeks. Likewise, John Whitesides of Reutgers declares that the Budget battles threaten to limit Obama’s second-term agenda.
The Fiscal Cliff is dead! Long live the Fiscal Cliff!
The Fiscal Cliff Saga – A recap of our previous posts on the Fiscal Cliff
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 1 (Obama and Boehner Compromise on Fiscal Cliff)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 2 (Boehner’s Plan B Failure)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 3 (Obama is Santa Claus)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 4 (Fiscal Cliff Christmas Fantasy)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 5 (Reid and McConnell on the Fiscal Cliff Parody)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 6 (Fiscal Cliff Parody)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 7 (Fiscal Cliff Superheroes)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 8 (Fiscal Cliff – Final Battle)
- Fiscal Cliff Saga – Part 9 (Joe Biden to the Rescue)
Other Political Parodies
To see our other political parodies featuring parodies on Romney, Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry and many other politicians, check out political parodies gallery.